Friday, I left work early because David had the day off! So, we headed out to Jersey Village to talk with a cake lady at a little shop called Bella Cibo. We picked out the cutest cake!! Now we just have to wait and see if the price is right before we make a decision. After the cake appointment, we headed to Target to register. WOW. Registering is a lot to take in. A lot of decisions. A lot of things to look at. WOW is all I have to say. After Target, we ate a little Chick-Fil-A for dinner, and headed to Macy's for more registering fun!! (note the sarcasm) After nearly choking on all of the prices of things at Macy's.. I begged David to go to Linens 'N Things for our last registry spot. So, he said yes.. and we were off. Linens 'N Things was so wonderful... everything divided into rooms.. everything you could possibly think of is at Linens 'N Things and for so much cheaper!! By that time, it was 9pm (our day of wedding fun began at 3pm).. and I was pooped!! David was such a trooper, and by the end of it all, I think I was more exhausted than he was!
Saturday morning, Mom and I got up around 7:30, and picked David up to meet with the church wedding coordinator/janitor at 9am. The church is just beautiful.. gosh.. walking through the doors and down the middle aisle.. I had to fight back the tears.. It was just so comforting somehow.. The church we will be wed in, is the same church my parents got married in, and the same church my Nana and Papa were married in as well.. So, it's just really special to me to be married there, since my Papa won't be there.. It's weird, but I feel like he is there when I walk through those doors..
So! We put some money down, and October 11, 2008 I will walk down that aisle and marry my man! Oh, and Saturday, Mom and I came up with our centerpiece idea... love it!
Sunday... Melanie, Mom and I headed out the door for Target (instead of church...) at 9:15am.. We were there until about 11:45, finishing up my registry.. because I had forgotten, oh let's see, EVERYTHING without my Mom there to guide me. After Target, we hit up Old Navy, Michaels, Arnes, Party Boy, WalMart, and Party City! Whew!! What a marathon! Then, we dropped Melanie off at home, and headed to another WalMart.. and to Linens 'N Things to finish up the registry there! What a day!!!
Now, I am feeling so refreshed.. so wedding ready.. at least for the next 10 minutes, until something else pops into my mind.. We are definitely registered, at Target & Linens 'N Things now! It's very exciting!!
And here's a little sneak peek at the centerpieces..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment