Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Bunch of Nothing

I don't have too much to say, but feel as if I need to blog something.

Not too much has been going on wedding - wise. We did find bubbles (thanks to Rachel) to use for after the reception, you know as David and I are leaving the reception to be whisked away to some unknown destination. These bubbles are very cute. And the best thing about them... CHEAP. You get 48 of these little bubbles for $4.95. WOW! I am on the hunt for a cake topper. We want to have our last initial on the top, or K & D.. I'm just looking for something cute.. and have not been able to find anything yet.

We are also apartment hunting. So hard! We went and looked at 3 different complexes on Thursday, and I just loved the first one.. that is brand new, and beautiful, and clean. But, let me tell you, it is not easy on the wallet, therefore, we will not live at The Mandalay. So, today, Mom and I are going to look at a couple of places, and hopefully fall in love with something.. and then David and I can go back when he isn't working for him to check it out.

I've been thinking that maybe I need to add an accent color in with my brown/ivory wedding color scheme. Any thoughts? Pink, orange, blue? I think blue would be too drastic, personally. But, I'll take any suggestions.

Now, some non-wedding things. My friend, Jocelyn & Adrian finally got to go home from the hospital yesterday! I say finally, because they had been there for over a week! Talk about stressful for Jocelyn!! Friday, I spent the day with them at the hospital while Adrian had a scope put down him and a pH probe put in to measure the acidity in his stomach. I think. I could be completely wrong about what it is doing. But, anyways.. I am glad I was able to be with them during that crazy day! I'm glad we're friends, Jocelyn.

I watched this movie Atonement yesterday. Wow. So good. Soooooo good! It made me think about how sometimes I take having David here with me for granted. In the movie, the two main characters are in love, but due to a situation, they are not allowed to be together. Yet, they still love each other so deeply, and when they are able to be together, at times, they make sure that the other knows how deep their love is for each other. It just made me think that sometimes I forget that that is important to do, even though I see David everyday.

And last but not least. I just want to say that I love my dog. She is the best. My little Mills! I called one apartment complex yesterday and they said there were no dogs allowed.. and I could have cried thinking about life without Millie. So, anyway. I realize that's random, but she is great, and the sweetest thing ever!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I know it's been a few days since you wrote this blog, but... Kristen I am so glad that we are friends too! I am so thankful for you being at the hospital with me and loving my Adrian so much. Thank you for all that you have done for the 3 of us. Your friendship means the world to me.