Monday, March 23, 2009

LA Fitness Dreamin'

Tonight, I made Chipotle's Rice. I got the recipe from Gina's Weight Watchers Recipe blog. You can find the link on the right-hand side of my blog, or by clicking this link. It was really, really delicious! And easy! And only 4 WW points for 3/4 cup!

On another note.. my co-worker friend, Katie and I went to check out LA Fitness after work. They just opened one in the Medical Center, and we were anxious to go look at it and consider joining. Well, the club was absolutely fabulous. It was beautiful. Wonderful, sparkling new equipment, a pool, jacuzzi, the convenience of being able to walk there after work.. BUT, there was one little detail.... it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO expensive! They ask you to pay a $149 registration fee, and then pay $54.99/month. Dream on, LA Fitness.. Not on this non-profit organization salary. No way, no how.

So, Katie and I left disappointed.. I guess we'll just have to dream about the 82 degree pool, and shiny new equipment. Any suggestions on where to look for a gym membership that won't put me in even more of a financial crunch??

2 comments:

taiwandanielle said...

have you checked out 24hour fitness? I pay 30 a month.

Corrie said...

I just got a 2 year membership to 24 hour fitness for $300 from Costco. Here's the link.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11295243