Sunday, I became a member of Houston's First Baptist Church!!
I have been feeling the Lord leading me to join the church, but have been waiting for the day when I felt 100% certain that this was His will. This Sunday, I joined my Sunday School class, Oxygen, which has been a total blessing to me, and has a pretty great teacher, Becky! (Had to give you a little plug!) When I got into "big church", I prayed that the Lord would give me clarity - that if this was to be the day, I would know without a shadow of a doubt.
Well, during the prayer before the offering, Steve prayed that today would be a day to be courageous and that we would have the courage to do things the Lord has been leading us to, whether that be to pray, or come to the altar, or whatever. So, that was it. That, to me, was direction from the Lord loud and clear. Walk down that aisle, Kristen.
The service continued, and the invitation song began. I sang about 2.3 seconds, and then made my way down the aisle to Steve. I was shaking like a leaf!! Thank goodness he had a firm handshake to steady me!! I talked with a sweet woman named Charlotte after the service, filled out my membership card, got my picture taken and even got a free coffee mug!
It feels so good to be obedient and complete something I know the Lord was leading me to do!
I'm excited to get even more plugged into the church and see what other things He has in store for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment