Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Love Knot

I purchased my wedding memory book & flower girl basket yesterday. They did not have the ring bearer's pillow at the store where I was, so I will have to hunt it down somewhere else. But, here is a picture of what I did find.



The basket and memory book both have a love knot on them. The love knot has significant meaning to me, because our first Valentine's Day together, David bought me the love knot ring from James Avery. I looked up what the meaning of a love knot is, and here is what I found...

Legend has it that the Dutch sailors tied this knot to remind them of their loved ones during their ocean voyages in the 16th century. The two intertwining overhand knots symbolize two intertwined lovers.

In the lover's knot, two ends, each representing two people, are bound together to form a knot, a symbol that the two have become one and are bound together by love.

I love that. Two ends, one representing David, one representing me, bound together by love.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) yay!!! where did you find it in ivory? i looked at our hobby lobby and all they had it in was the white...

and i love that story of the love knot...what a special memory! :)

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful symbolism. Good choice for both. You should print out the meaning and put it in your memory book... just an idea... I do a lot of memory books... so I'm pretty much an expert! I adore you friend.